(La Porte, IN) - There are 12 candidates for the open seat in Congress vacated by the tragic death of Jackie Walorski.
According to the Indiana Republican Party, the candidates are:
- Dallas Barkman, from Albion, IN
- Terry Harper, III, from Granger, IN
- Curtis Hill, Jr., from Elkhart, IN
- Michael Hogberg, from Lakeville, IN
- Scott Huffman, from Plymouth, IN
- Tiernan Kane, from South Bend, IN
- Daniel Koors, from North Manchester, IN
- Marvin Layne, from South Bend, IN
- Curtis Nisly, from Milford, IN
- Christy Stutzman, from Middlebury, IN
- Scott Wise, from Columbia City, IN
- Rudolph Yakym III, from Granger, IN
Party officials said caucuses would be held on August 20 to fill the open seat and choose the candidate replacing Walorski on the ballot for the November general election.
Each candidate will be given up to three minutes to speak before the voting, which will occur at Grissom Middle School in Mishawaka. The caucuses begin at 11 a.m. The doors open at 10 a.m.
A Facebook Live stream will be available at www.facebook.com/indgop for those interested in watching the caucuses.
Walorski and two staff members, along with the other driver, perished in a motor vehicle crash two weeks ago near Nappanee.