Local News

House Destroyed by Fire

(La Porte County, IN) - A house on Johnson Road near the I-94 overpass in La Porte County was destroyed by fire yesterday morning.


Coolspring Township Assistant Fire Chief Warren Smith said the rapidly spreading flames were already engulfing the two-story residence when firefighters arrived.


Sheriff’s deputies and paramedics helped first arriving firefighters with their hoses.


“It took an extensive amount of time to get it under control, but we were able to get it under control,” Smith said.

The fire began in the utility room after turning on a clothes dryer. The cause is suspected to be linked in some way to the dryer. Two people in the home managed to get out safely. 


Weather Center

High School Scoreboard

Sports Scores