(La Porte County, IN) - A shed was destroyed by fire near Hesston this morning.
Members of the Kankakee Township Volunteer Fire Department were called just before 7 AM to a residence on 900 North. Fire in the shed was reported spreading to a workshop. According to Fire Chief Chip Winter, firefighters contained the fire to the shed before widespread damage to the property occurred.
The cause of the fire had something to do with a kiln used in the workshop to heat metal and other materials. Kilns are often used in making pottery and metallurgy.
No injuries were reported.