Local News

Toddler Sickened by Drug Laced Snack

(Elkhart, IN) - A 3-year-old girl in Elkhart was taken to the hospital after she got sick from eating a bag of Cheetos.


Desiree Diliberti told ABC57 her daughter Kamiya always gets snacks from their elderly neighbor, who works at a shelter home. It looked like a regular bag of Cheetos, but when they looked closer, the chips were laced with THC.


THC is the chemical in marijuana that gets you high.


Kamiya is recovering fine, and Diliberti doesn't believe the neighbor had bad intentions. The shelter home and police are now investigating where the bag came from.

Weather Center

High School Scoreboard

Sports Scores