(Michigan City, IN) - It’s back to normal for the most part in Michigan City beginning Monday. According to the mayor’s office, mask, social distancing and capacity restrictions will loosen further in places like City Hall.
Here’s a list of guidelines provided by the mayor’s office that soon go into effect.
- Fully vaccinated individuals can resume activities without wearing a mask except in places where the federal government requires it — like nursing homes, public and health care facilities — or where a business or workplace requires it.
- People who are not fully vaccinated should continue to wear a mask in crowded settings. It is also recommended that unvaccinated individuals wear masks when around youth, who are not yet eligible for the vaccines.
- People who are immunocompromised should consider wearing masks when in settings where other people might not be fully vaccinated.
- Businesses and workplaces can still require masks on their premises if they choose. Businesses should support customers and employees who choose to keep wearing a mask.
- All businesses and restaurants can reopen with no restrictions.
- Large events, like festivals and conventions, can return without capacity restrictions.
- Large gatherings can resume, including weddings, church services and parties with large crowds.
- Our Lakefront and zoo are fully open
- Businesses can continue to implement their own mitigation strategies — including requiring social distancing and masks — if they choose.