Local News

Fire Possibly from Careless Smoking

(LaPorte, IN) - Careless smoking could be the cause of a recent house fire

in La Porte.

It happened Saturday evening at 407 Maple Ave.

Fire Chief Andy Snyder says one of the two apartments was occupied.

Everyone got out safely.

Snyder says it appears the fire started in the front porch area where it’s common

for people living there to smoke.

Firefighters rescued three cats and a hamster from the upstairs apartment which

was unoccupied at the time.

Structure damage was estimated at $10,000.

Weather Center

High School Scoreboard

Sports Scores