(LAPORTE, IN) -- All four LaPorte County high school football teams will see action on Friday, August 27th. The week's game is the 5A #15 Michigan City Wolves hosting the 6A #13 Warsaw Tigers.
(1-0) 6A #13 Warsaw vs. (1-0) 5A #15 Michigan City // 7:30 PM
PREVIEW: This is a game of powerful offenses. Michigan City started their season with a big win against South Bend Riley 62-0. Super sophomore Jaden Hart had 124 offensive yards (80 rushing yards, 44 receiving yards, and 3 TDs.) Hart has offers to play at Purdue, Iowa State, Minnesota, and Syracuse. The Wolves had a 55-0 halftime lead, giving their starters plenty of time to rest for this week's game against Warsaw. Last Friday, the Warsaw Tigers defeated Dublin Coffman (Dublin, OH) by 48-26. Former New Prairie coach Bart Curtis coaches warsaw. Warsaw runningback German Flores Ortega had 20 carries for 258 yards and two touchdowns at the B-back position. Warsaw runningback Julius Jones ran for 166 yards, while quarterback Tucker Curtis added 162 yards in Curtis' powerful flexbone offense.
(1-0) Twin Lakes vs (1-0) 4A #9 New Prairie // 7:30 PM
PREVIEW: The Cougars host the Twin Lakes Indians, who defeated Kokomo's Northwestern High School by 38-12. Leading the Cougars is running back Noah Mungia, who is coming off an extraordinary 324-yard rushing game in the Cougars' win against LaPorte. In addition, senior DE/DT Jacob Meyers had an impressive 10 total tackles and 3 tackles for loss on defense. For the Indians, junior quarterback Jaden Franceschina threw for 201 yards and four touchdowns. Senior receivers Blayze Woods and Ty Gillum caught 178 of those yards and three of the four touchdowns.
(0-1) LaPorte vs (0-1) Penn // 7:30 PM
PREVIEW: Both the Slicers and Kingsmen had disappointing losses last Friday, with the Slicers losing to cross-county rival the New Prairie Cougars and the Kingsmen lost to #4 Valparaiso. Penn lost by a score of 35-7. But, all was not lost for the Slicers as sophomore quarterback RJ Anglin threw for 272 yards (52% completion) and three touchdowns, with one interception. Jayden Parkes and Antonio Christensen had 94 yards and 85 yards receiving, respectively. The Kingsmen had just 40 plays for 204 yards against Valpo, led by senior running back Zachary Lane. Lane finished with 111 rushing yards on 14 carries.
(0-1) Culver Community vs. (0-1) South Central // 7:30 PM
NOTE: The South Central-Culver football game has been canceled due to COVID-19 problems.
PREVIEW: The Satellites lost a close game against the Triton Trojans, 16-18. Culver Community, on the other hand, lost convincingly to North Judson-San Pierre, 0-19. Senior running back Tony Guevara carried the ball 15 times for 140 yards and two touchdowns for the Satellites. Guevara added 8 total tackles and one tackle for loss on defense.
Michigan City Wolves have not published their stats, nor did they respond when contacted.
- RJ Anglin (LaPorte): 272 yards
- Zack Hancher (South Central): 61 yards
- Marshall Kmiecik (New Prairie): 27 yards
- RJ Anglin (LaPorte): 3 TDs
- RJ Anglin (LaPorte): 1 INT
- Zack Hancher (South Central): 1 INT
- Noah Mungia (New Prairie): 324 yards
- Tony Guevara (South Central): 140 yards
- Brock Sinka (New Prairie): 69 yards
- Marshall Kmiecik (New Prairie): 45 yards
- Noah Mungia (New Prairie): 5 TDs
- Tony Guevara (South Central): 2 TDs
- Jayden Parkes (LaPorte): 94 yards
- Antonio Christensen (LaPorte): 85 yards
- Evan Cizewski (LaPorte): 62 yards
- Dallas Ryans (New Prairie): 27 yards
- Grant Ott-Large (LaPorte): 21 yards
- Antonio Christensen (LaPorte): 1 TD
- Jayden Parkes (LaPorte): 1 TD
- Grant Ott-Large (LaPorte): 1 TD
- Jacob Oehmen (South Central): 16 tackles
- Nicholas Shuble (LaPorte): 16 tackles
- Andrew Huizar (South Central): 13 tackles
- Gavin Zolvinski (LaPorte): 12 tackles
- Jacob Meyers (New Prairie): 10 tackles
Tackles for Loss
- Jacob Meyers (New Prairie): 3 TFL
- Seven area players are tied with 1 TFL
- Devon Duschek (LaPorte): 1 sack
- Andrew Huizar (South Central): 1 sack
- Ben Fronk (New Prairie): 1 INT