(Michigan City, IN) - A Michigan City man nearly died after swallowing a plastic bag containing drugs.
Thomas Langford, 25, was arrested last week when drugs and syringes were allegedly found in the vehicle he was in at Michigan City. The discovery, which included two syringes filled with an undisclosed liquid, was made with the help of a K-9 dog in a traffic stop in the area of U.S. 20 and Franklin Street
According to police, he was taken to the Michigan City police station and, while in a holding cell, was spotted removing a plastic bag of drugs from his underwear and swallowing it.
He was then taken to the hospital to have his stomach possibly pumped when he began overdosing, with it reportedly taking four doses of Narcan for him to reopen his eyes.
A short time later, another bag was found in his underwear, and that one allegedly contained 11 grams of methamphetamine.
Authorities note that Langford has a history of drug-related offenses.
Langford is still being held in the La Porte County Jail on $50,000 on charges that include Dealing in Methamphetamine. The Level 2 felony charge could bring him anywhere from a 10 to 30-year sentence.