What office are you running for? New Durham Township Trustee
What political party are you affiliated with? Republican Party
What is your education?
- 2008 LaPorte High School
- 2013 IUSB Elementary Education
What is your occupation?
- Educator (on leave)
- Journeyman Real Estate Property Accountant
What is your candidate platform?
As New Durham Township Trustee, I will robustly represent New Durham Township. I believe in accountability and accessibility of elected representatives to the taxpayers, and as the New Durham Township Trustee, township citizens will be able to easily contact me with questions and/or concerns about our township and receive a timely response from me. I believe in a balanced budget that supports the township entities, in order to best serve and protect the people of New Durham Township. I will respectfully and transparently work with township members, residents, and all township entity members/volunteers. I am energized and ready to put my best foot forward.
Give three reasons why voters should consider you this election.
- Accessibility. I will be accessible to township residents and the township board. Any residents, township entity volunteers or members, and township board members who reach out to me will receive a timely response from me. I have experience interacting with community members in several avenues, through education, nonprofit work, small business, and leadership boards. I believe that people should be treated with respect.
- Financial Integrity. I will be organized and prepared each year presenting an annual budget that ensures township entities run smoothly and responsibly.
- Community Service/Ownership. I believe that, as a citizen, it is important to take ownership in our local communities through avenues of volunteering. I continue to volunteer as a LaPorte County CASA, a member of the South County Coalition, Pax Center/State Street Board member, and as a team member for local Discussion Over Dinner events.
Is there anything else you'd like voters to know about you?
I raise 4 young children in New Durham Township with my husband, Sam, and believe it is best practice to model and be the type of person you want your children to become.